Deaf and Hard of Hearing Clubs near you?

Deaf Club

Do you visit a deaf or hard of hearing club?

Would you like to visit a deaf or hard of hearing club?

We are keen to update our information, please tell us about your deaf or hard of hearing club including the following details:

Who goes to your club? Deaf or hard or hearing people?
Location- full address including the postcode?
When- when the club meets?
Activities- what activities do you do at your club?

If you are looking to find your nearest deaf or hard of hearing club please contact us with your address via email or telephone and we will locate this for you.

Kind regards
Action on Hearing Loss Helpline

• New hearing loss group launches in Northern Ireland

A new support group for people living with hearing loss has been launched by the charity Hearing Link.

The Newtownabbey Hearing Loss Group aims to provide a supportive peer environment for those experiencing changes in their hearing.

Led entirely by the charity’s experienced volunteers, the group will meet on the last Thursday of every month from 7-9pm at Corr’s Corner, Ballyclare Road in Newtownabbey.

The first get-together will take place on Thursday (22nd February).

The local community are invited to come along for information and support for hearing loss from those with similar experiences.  It is a great chance to share stories, reconnect in your local community and meet new people.

The group is supported with funding from the Big Lottery Fund.

Sarah Lynch, Hearing Link’s Northern Ireland Manager, said: “Our volunteers are delighted to start this new hearing loss group in Newtownabbey. They are looking forward to welcoming anyone who is looking for support, guidance or simply the chance to meet others with similar experiences. If you have experienced changes in your hearing and not sure what to do next, our volunteers can help. Please join us at Corr’s Corner the last Thursday of every month.”

Hearing Link works for and with people with hearing loss across the UK, and with their families and friends.

For further information about Newtownabbey Hearing Loss Group email northernireland@hearinglink.org.

For more details of work in Northern Ireland, visit: www.hearinglink.org/.../.

• Please note the correct web address for Twickenham Hearing Support Group is hearingsupport.blogspot.co.uk

• COME TO THE HARD OF HEARING SOCIAL CLUB IN TAUNTON! (Excellent loop system)

HELD 3RD THURSDAY  OF THE MONTH

2PM TO 4PM

18 Jan         Games

15 Feb         Kenya - Alison Brown

15 March    Spring Meal Outing

19 April      Mercy Ships - Robert Hicks

17 May       The Samaritans - Geoff Rickson

21 June       Blue Watch Fire Service

COFFEE, TEA & BISCUITS AVAILABLE

TANGIER SCOUT AND GUIDE CENTRE

CASTLE STREET, TANGIER, TAUNTON

TA1 4AS (Behind the bus station)

Would you like someone to accompany you to your first meeting? Wheelchair accessible. Do bring a friend!

Further information: Carole Thomas 01823 278056

Email: anne.edlmann@icloud.com

• I want to predominant in Deaf Education and minor in Interpreting. However, I unfortunately hardly know any ASL and I dont recognize a great deal approximately Deaf subculture. I'd LOVE to find a church for the Deaf, or a camp, or some thing that I can go to to learn as a great deal as I physically can to find out about the Deaf. assignment writing service uk
  • The Deaf Club was a notable music venue located on Valencia Street in San Francisco which remained open for an 18-month period. Its main attraction was punk music. The name comes from the fact the building it was in originally began as a deaf people's clubhouse in the 1930s.

Best Regards:

Law Essays Writing UK