Hearing Loop Awareness Week 2nd-8th Nov

Hearing Loop Awareness Week

2nd - 8th November 2015

Join hundreds of volunteers in the biggest survey of hearing loops ever undertaken across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Together we can create a totally different listening experience for hearing aid users in their local communities.

What's it about?

Hearing Loop Awareness Week has been organised by Hearing Link to run in tandem with our ‘Let’s Loop the UK’ campaign, which is striving to create greater awareness and access to hearing loops in communities across the UK.

The week runs from Monday 2nd to Sunday 8th November 2015.

If you would like to do something unique in your local community, which creates lasting change, then register your interest today.

What is involved?

We need volunteers to check on the availability and condition of hearing loops in shops, banks, churches, railway stations, libraries in their local neighbourhood for a couple of hours during Hearing Loop Awareness Week.

We will provide a simple checklist, ID badges, and resources to help. You’ll be able to download them from our website nearer the time.

The results will be compiled, mapped and published providing a true picture of loops in the UK. Hearing Link will use this information to improve service provision in local communities.

Anyone can get involved

While the task is ideal for someone who wears a hearing aid adjusted to a Telecoil setting, we can provide ‘loop listeners’ to any volunteers who don’t wear hearing aids, to check on the quality of hearing loops.

How can I get involved?

Please register your interest and we will get in touch with you. If you are part of a group or organisation, please let us know the name of your group.

Download our information flyer for more information, and please help us spread the word.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call our Helpdesk on 0300 111 1113, or email helpdesk@hearinglink.org
Parents
  • Found this on the list of related threads from 2015 when I was reading a recent thread about Hearing Loops ! I sometimes make a fuss in local areas when a loop is problematic. Does the AOHL information team have any advice on this subject as I usually give up as many do !

My first post on this newish AOHL forum,seldom even visit nowadays with the original forum it was normally an interesting daily affair:-(

Reply Children