Promoting awareness

Hello to all,

My name is Elisa and I'm a student at Newcastle College studying Visual Communications. One of the areas that I am passionate about is that of promoting causes and raising awareness of issues. I am currently undertaking an advertising project for Action On Hearing Loss. As part of the project, to represent visually the feeling of hearing loss and Deafness, I am keen to gather research firsthand from the community in order to avoid misrepresentation and potential causes of offence.

I would be very grateful if you can assist me in this. In order for me to better understand, I would like to gather some words that will provide insight into the issues that people with hearing loss encounter in everyday life. Could members of the forum please provide me with 6 adjectives (or more!) that will guide me in my project and prevent me from misjudgment? 

If you could leave the adjectives, and any other thoughts that you may consider helpful in this matter in the comments section, I would be extremely thankful.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this.

Kind Regards,

Elisa.