Why am I struggling?

Hi, I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I can't see where else to turn. I'm not yet ready to speak to my family about my problems. I'm 31 and over the last few years I have really started to struggle with my hearing. My husband is constantly irritated by me saying pardon or I can't hear you. if he turns away from me I can't understand what he's saying at all. This is a nightmare in the supermarket when he wanders off whilst talking to me.

In busy situations I am embarrassed to say that I just smile and nod, I genuinely can't hear the conversation even as much as I try and lip read. If there's loud music I have absolutely no chance at all of hearing anything. I can hear the TV okay if its the news or a programme with no loud background noise, but if theres music I find I have to really concentrate. I don't want to put subtitles on because I don't want to look stupid.

I think the reason I haven't sorted it sooner is the fact I am only 31 and feel really embarrassed, I also got completely brushed off by a GP last year saying I was too young to be having problems and he prescribed some OTEX to help 'clear any wax'. Needless to say it didn't do anything. I think I'm ready to maybe approach Specsavers or Boots now for a private hearing test but I'm so scared there's something wrong, it sounds pathetic but apart from my hearing I am in perfect top notch health! 

Parents
No Data
Reply Children
No Data