unilateral SSHL - help

hi,

I experienced SSHL three weeks ago. I woke up in the morning and my balance and hearing on my left ear were gone. I went directly to the ENT thinking it was earwax. Long story short they prescribed me medrol for 1 week then I received the same treatment through intravenous for an additional 5 days period. The doctor decided that since I didn’t recover within this period there was nth else to do. I am 28 years old was in good heath exercised quite a lot and my life is completely upside down since then. I started to work again but have some difficulties to accept what happened. I have now profound unilateral hear loss and I still can’t shake the feeling that not everything was done to help me recover. Noisy environments are everywhere I can’t stand going to bars as I used to and socialize.

i was wondering if you could give me some advice in case you experienced the same to help me getting better. I know I could have lost an arm or being in a far worst situation but I can’t help feeling really down. Sorry for my English as it is not my native language.

thank you

jane