Audiology in Lymington

Hello, I hope someone here can help with advice. I'm moving to Lymington, Hampshire. I understand that the audiology services are outsourced to Specsavers and Scrivens. Has anyone here had experience of using this service and can advise me if it's worked well?

Many thanks in advance.

Parents
No Data
  • Hi there. I live in that area and used Specsavers in Lymo about 14 months ago. I was referred by my local GP. I didn't know what to expect, so maybe I'm not the best person to comment. But I found my audiologist to be very accommodating, albeit that she was rushed off her feet. I have mild hearing loss in one ear and borderline mild/moderate loss in the other and was fitted with NHS aids right away. They got me back in six weeks later for a check-up and to turn up the volume of my HAs. I asked to be fitted with a skeleton mould instead of the silicone bud type because of work reasons and they were happy to comply. I'm due back in about a year or so. I suspect (with no evidence) that they are probably not as thorough as an NHS hospital audiologist, but for a newbie like myself... Eventually, I'd love to try MartinSmith5's route of doing it yourself but I'd need to be shown what to do. Good luck

Children
No Data