Looking for deaf fantasy book fans...

Hi!

I'm a novelist working on an urban fantasy novella featuring a deaf protagonist that I'd really like some feedback on. It’s a rather specific genre, so I'm trying not to waste the time of people with no interest in these kinds of stories, but I'm struggling to find an area in the deaf community specifically catering to SFF media. In brief, it's an urban fantasy thriller with a deaf protagonist stranded in Tokyo after an implant causes her to hear things no one else can. (Bad things, taking us into fantasy/horror territory.) This novella connects to a wider series I’m writing and I’d really like to bring this character into the main storyline, but not being deaf myself I'm wary of presenting her correctly. I’ve had admittedly little involvement in the deaf community so far, but it’s been an interest since I worked at a company developing an app to assist communities with disabilities.

If this is something that might appeal to you, or you know somewhere that I might be able to find someone who can help, please get in touch! Ideally, I'd like to find some beta readers for the book, but even if a little discussion over a few factors of the story would be a great help.

Thank you for your time either way!

Best regards,

Phil Williams