National Acoustic Laboratories are collecting data on mild hearing loss experience

Hi all. I'm a member of a team of researchers at the National Acoustic Laboratories aka. NAL, in Sydney, Australia. We are currently collecting data on the experiences of people who have had a hearing test, been given a diagnosis of normal hearing or mild hearing loss, but still struggle to understand speech in noisy environments.

The aim of this research is to further understand the difficulties experienced by this population and the challenges in finding effective treatment options. If you fit into this category, we would love to have you involved in our research! Please visit our project page for more information, a link to a 15 minute survey, how to contact us if you would like to be interviewed, and some related research.

NAL is a statutory authority of the Australian Government, and you can find out more about us at our website, or ask any questions here and I'll do my best to answer them. But note that we are not just looking for people in Australia — contributions from anyone, anywhere are welcome.