Changed my hearing aids

Hi all

i am a vehicle technician and work in a noisy environment and have used Phonak hearing aids for the last 5 years. On Monday I got replacements at my local hospital which are the Phonak Nathos Auto sp and I want my old ones back! Really struggling with them so will be going back to the hospital to get them adjusted and try again but what I’m wondering is has anyone brought the Phonak marvel? Or tried oticon and other brands. The sky Q seems popular but does going private help? Just want natural as possible sound. Also can we chose what colour aid we have from the hospital? Thanks Joe 

Parents
  • Hi, I would personally persevere with the adjustments. I use Phonak aids and have the same platform (venture) as the Nathos. It took a lot of trips to the audiologist before it was sorted out. The first fit is notorious for under-estimating the gain required. I would ask for REM (Real Ear Measurement) testing to make sure the hearing aid is driving the correct amplification for your loss. Sure, you could go private - but you will end up with the same issues if your hearing aids are not programmed correctly. Yes, the Marvel is probably a superior instrument, but you should be hearing clearly, and reasonably well in noise, with the Nathos SP hearing aids.

Reply Children
No Data