Amplified Medical Stethoscopes

I have a friend who is training to be a nurse, she needs an amplified stethoscope. Can anyone recommend one??

Also, would she be able to get one via Access to Work, or would her employer be obligated to supply her with one?

I had a quick look on a Google search, and the prices took me aback!!
  • Hi TU3! Yes, I can recommend this stethoscope and a manual on how to use it. Here, please look here: How to Use a Stethoscope

Among the models for me, the best is the brand Littmann but you can consider several other options.

if you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

• Hi TU3! Yes, I can recommend this stethoscope and a manual on how to use it. Here, please look here: How to Use a Stethoscope

Among the models for me, the best is the brand Littmann but you can consider several other options.

if you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

I have a friend who is training to be a nurse, she needs an amplified stethoscope. Can anyone recommend one??

Also, would she be able to get one via Access to Work, or would her employer be obligated to supply her with one?

I had a quick look on a Google search, and the prices took me aback!!
  • Hi Em,

Sorry, I don't often get to check the forum so didn't see this message. I can't find the e-mails I must have been thinking of now. I think someone had e-mailed me from an e-mail address that sounded as if from an Em or Emily and I had wondered if it was from you.

Could you e-mail me via the contact form on the www.hphl.org.uk website and then we'll have each other's e-mail addresses (rather than posting them open on this forum.)

Look forward to hearing from you.

Clare
  • hey all,
    sorry i haven't been around much my computer has been on the blink.
    Richardsons of leciester do stethascopes and they are quite good when recommending one too. I'm using the litmann 4000 electronic stethascope and i'm getting on well with it. However i don't wear aids and i know that there are ones there designed to use with aids.
    hi claire just trying to dig out your e-mail. i such a scatter brain. i think i tried to e-mail you and it bounced, maybe your box was full? could you send it again, i'd like to keep in touch.
    Thanx
    Em
  • Hi Em,

It's encouraging to see yet another health professional here

I have a feeling we've e-mailed each other - my apologies if so as I can't find the messages now. But if we haven't been in touch, I would love to hear from you. I'm a GP with an acquired hearing loss. How about you, if you don't mind me asking?

A couple of us have set up a website and an e-mail discussion group for UK Health Professionals with Hearing Loss. See www.hphl.org.uk. There's a link there if you'd like to get in touch.

If you're within reach of London, as mentioned above, a couple of us will be at Deaf Day at the City Lit this Saturday (30th July) with a small display and some electronic stethoscopes. We'll be in room 114.

Clare