buying hearing aids

I would like to buy In the ear hearing aid privately.My budget is £1500 for both ears.I would be grateful on information where to buy and what make are best within my budget.
  • Hi,

I'm Nicole, I am creating a practical decoration piece to disguise a BTE hearing aid and for this to become successful, I require honest opinion about my idea in itself and what designs I should incorporate into this project. I would be honored if you took your time to fill out this survey I have created in order to make this as successful as possible.

Thank you, 

Nicole Kohhantsuk.

Questionnaire -

1) Gender -   _____________

2) Age - _____________

3) How long have you had hear loss/impairment? _____________

4) Do you support the idea of a decorative hearing aid? If not, why?

______________________________________________________________________________

5) Would you buy this product for yourself or someone else?

6) Does this product appeal to you, even if you don’t experience hearing loss?

7) Is having a hearing aid a problem?

8) Should a hearing aid be hidden or disguised? If not, why not?

9) What theme most appeals to you when thinking of a disguised hearing aid?

10) What other problems come along with a hearing aid? May be, mental problems.

11) Have you heard of a disguised hearing aid beforehand?

12) Would you consider a decorative hearing aid as a fashion accessory?

• As JaneLouise1 suggests, both The Hearing Company and Specsavers would seem to be good places to start. They are fairly well spread nationally so you'll find a branch close enough to you, they have a bricks-and-mortar presence, and they seem happy to publish all their prices so that you can research beforehand. Try an independent audiologist too, so long as they have a physical presence close to you.

Smoker

• Im looking at buying in the ear hearing aids too..ive found the starting price is average of £800 to £1750..The price goes up per function.. ive currently got nhs in the ear ones but panic when they break...The Hearing Company and Specsavers were the best companies Ive found for price ..hope that helps :-D
  • Hi Anand

We have arrange of factsheets and leaflets relating to hearing aids which you may find useful.

When purchasing hearing aids we would always recommend visiting multiple retailers to see what they are able to offer you. It is also very important to discuss with them a trial period so you can ensure that the hearing aid they are recommending to you is suitable for your needs. If the retail in confident in their recommendation a trial period should not be an issue.

You can also use our Locate and Rate tool on our website to find retailers near you.

All the best

Fil
  • The very basic in the ear HAs cost around £2200 from my experience. What's your reason for wanting in the ear HAs?