Which Bluetooth streamer?

I am looking to spend £200 or so on a bluetooth streamer to enable me to take mobile calls etc from my iphone without constantly removing & replacing my earmoulds! I currently have a pair of Oticon Spirit Synergys via the NHS.

Two I like the look of are the LPs-6 by Jentafon (Finland) or the Oticon Streamer Pro 1.3a - both listed from Connevans.

Any advantages / disadvantages in either - as I need a good degree of clarity to distinguish conversations clearly.
Has anyone compared them - especially for clarity rather than just volume?

What would happen if I was given an upgrade on my aids (i.e. not another Oticon?), would one be more compatible than the other? Obviously the Oticon streamer comes with the IOS app which could be useful I guess.

Many thanks for any comments....
Parents
No Data
  • Hi Frank,

I used the Oticon streamer with my Zest aids for 4 years or so and it was excellent. Sound quality was very good, would definitely recommend it. Previously I used various T-coil neckloops and the Oticon streamer was a big improvement:

- no electromagnetic interference issues like with T-coil devices, so I can use it in the car/train without any problems.
    - the neckloop is much less sensitive to head position (another problem with T-coil neckloops) so the signal is more stable and doesn't fade out if I move my head to one side.
    - you can adjust or mute the volume of the external hearing aid mics while streaming which I found to be very useful if there is a lot of background noise. For T-coil this has to be set by the audiologist and is not adjustable on the fly.
    - the streamer switches automatically to the phone program, so you don't have to fiddle around cycling through the programs on your hearing aid to find the T-coil setting, this sounds trivial but can be surprisingly awkward when trying to quickly answer a call.
    - the phone ringtone is sent straight to your hearing aids so I can hear the phone ring even when it's in another room or when I'm somewhere noisy, this works even when the streamer is just in my bag/pocket and not worn around the neck.
    - the streamer can also be paired with other Oticon accessories, e.g. the Oticon microphone.

I haven't tried the LPS-6 but it seems very expensive to me, nearly £40 more than the Oticon. The only advantage I can see of the LPS-6 is that it works with all brands of hearing aids, so if your Oticons are due for replacement in the next year or so this might be a factor to consider.

Good luck, hope you find something that works well for you.
Children
No Data