Where can I buy hearing aids of good quality?

I have been searching for good quality hearing aids for a long time . Can anyone tell me where to find good quality hearing aids?

Parents
No Data
  • Good morning MainakSantra1,

Welcome to the forum, my name is Ashleigh and I work here at Action on Hearing Loss on the information line.

It’s important to make sure that you are in control of the decision to buy hearing aids. Be wary of newspaper advertisements that appear to be from an organisation that is campaigning or providing information about hearing and make sure the private hearing aid dispenser is qualified.

As JohnD has said most qualified hearing aid dispensers will offer high quality hearing aids.

Before you sign any agreement to buy, make sure that you get everything in writing and that you understand all the terms of the agreement.

Dispensers should give you at least a 28-day trial period with a money-back guarantee so that you can return the hearing aids if you aren’t happy with them. If the dispenser isn’t prepared to offer this or suggests a guarantee for repair only, instead of giving you the option of a refund, go somewhere else.

As an alternative the NHS buys a range of hearing aids and uses its bulk buying power to get good-quality digital hearing aids at low prices from hearing aid manufacturers. The audiology departments provide these aids free of charge on long-term loan to NHS patients.

For any further information please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards

Ashleigh

Children
No Data