Phonak Marvel

So after a life long reliance on NHS hearing aids today I decided to go the private route having discovered that the new Marvel has classic Bluetooth rather then low energy Bluetooth which will benefit me. Am also fed up with the waiting time to get appointments to see a NHS audiologist for a simple alternation to a program etc. The Marvel will be able to be updated by an audiologist over the air using the phone app which is great. I was shocked at how small the Marvel is, opted for the smallest that takes the 312 batteries and its almost half the size of my Phonak Nathos UP current hearing aid. I do have to wait for the receiver to be made up as I am needing the most powerful one they do and due to holiday closures at Phonak I wont be picking up the new hearing aid until mid January. Will report back once I have it :)

Parents
  • Is there a reason why the Bluetooth hearing aids are not available on NHS today in Northern Ireland.  Is it planned to be introduced?  I’m not keen on paying excessive amount of money for a pair through Specsavers and with only 4 years warranty.

Reply Children
No Data