Uniphone 1150 help

Hello, my mother (who's 89) has a profound hearing loss and uses Text Relay a lot.

She has a very old typetext phone where the LCD screen is failing so we're hoping to replace it with a Uniphone 1150 as recommended by Southampton University where she has her cochlear implant serviced.
I've downloaded the instruction manual. It does say the 1150 is compatible with Text Relay but says nothing about how to use it for that service.

My mother wants to be able to speak and then have replies typed for her to read them. I don't think she's going to use text to text.

We have tried the NGT app on her smart phone but she can't get on with it.

Does anyone have any guidance on how to use the Uniphone 1150?  It would be most appreciated. Thanks

Mark.

• Hi Mark

Thank you for you post.

Action on Hearing Loss no longer stock the Uniphone 1150, however it is still available from other suppliers.

In terms of use, the Uniphone can be used as a standard phone by picking up the handset. If you want to use it as a text phone you press TTY On/Off (bottom right on keyboard) and type. Should you want to speak but receive the message as text on the screen, you just pick up the handset.

If you would like us to make some test calls with you once you have it, please call us on textphone 0808 808 9000 .

I hope this helps

Rachel on behalf of the Information Line