Can anybody recommend a specialist doctor?

I had an intermitent noise in my right ear for about 2 years. Best description is that is sounded like two electrical cables sparking off each other. I had a procedure done to separate a small muscle in my ear but it changed nothing. The odd thing about it at that time was that it would subside when I lay flat, which was a huge relief when trying to sleep. It is this aspect that made me suspect that maybe it isn't 'T' but something more physical and treatable. Then it got lots better and then went away totally for about 10 months. However, it cam back 3 weeks ago with a vengeance. It's now almost constant and only subsides a little when lying flat. My experience with ENT specialists has not been good and I wondered if anybody can recommend somebody who can do more than test my hearing and send me for an MRI, again.