Tinnitus started by Ear Infection!! High Pitched Sound, can't escape it!

Hi, 

A week or two ago I was diagnosed with an ear infection and was given an ear spray, then was given clarithromycin and started to notice a ringing sound in my ear (sometimes high pitched noise) which is constant. Went back to the Doctors and was given a second course and have been doing that for two days but the high pitch sound is still there and super high. I spoke to the Doctor again yesterday (24th Jan 2019) and explained my fear of the high pitched sound being permanent and was told to continue the dose and wait to see what happens when the ear infection is cleared. But I'm actually scared to continue the course because I have learned that clarithromycin can lead to long term tinnitus and so far it is driving me crazy. I'll not admit this to family and friends but I have already said "If this is forever I don't know how long that forever will be) I've broken down over it and have yet to have a proper nights sleep. 

I'm currently lying in bed typing this with an ear phone just sitting in my ear (not in the ear hole itself but just outside) to try and drown out the noise. I have no clue what to do: Do I continue the course and roll the dice and hope it isn't permanent or do I see my Doctor again (third time in two weeks) and ask them what to do. I really do fear it being long term and will admit to reading a lot of internet stories and some scare the hell out of me. I don't think I'll be able to cope, I already have OCD and due to the mental health being on the NHS (UK) it's about to end (26 appointments is the norm I've had twice that) so I know it'll become something I'm fized on. 

The clarithromycin is 500mgs. I hope to god this isn't long term because I'm 33 years old and this isn't going to make my life all that enjoyable. (Otis Media I think it's called). Please help!!