Do you have tinnitus? Would you like to take part in an innovative study aimed at informing treatment and reducing tinnitus distress?

Hello,

My name is Charlotte Croshaw and I’m undertaking a research study into the relationship between healthcare satisfaction and tinnitus distress as part of my MSc Thesis for the MSc Psychology (Conversion) programme at Leeds Trinity University, and am being supervised by Dr James Jackson, Senior Lecturer in Psychology. The research aim is to explore the possible relationship between a person’s first interaction with a tinnitus healthcare professional and their current tinnitus distress. It is hoped that the study will help inform patients’ treatment after initial diagnosis, which in turn should help reduce tinnitus-associated distress. I’m writing to ask if you would be interested in taking part.

To participate, you should be aged 18 or over and have a diagnosis of tinnitus. You will also need to have had an audiogram in the last two years. If eligible, you will then be asked to complete an online survey measuring the effect that tinnitus is having on your daily life, in addition to a short medical satisfaction survey regarding your first interaction with a medical professional about tinnitus. Altogether, both surveys should take no longer than 10-15 minutes to complete. 

If your first interaction with a health care professional is of interest (i.e. a very high or very low score) and you’ve stated that you’re happy to be interviewed, you will then be invited to Leeds Trinity University to further explore your first interaction with a tinnitus healthcare professional in a semi-structured interview. This should take approximately 30 minutes. Please note that the location of the interview will be Leeds Trinity University campus and as such I can only invite those from Leeds/Bradford/close surrounding areas.

To find out more information or to take part, please email myself (Charlotte) on 1706567@leedstrinity.ac.uk

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Kind Regards,

Charlotte